Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall

As I gaze out the window, I can see geese forming a “V” pattern in the brisk evening air flying to beat the cold front moving in, silhouetted against the orange and pink sunset. I feel the air get colder on my cheek that’s pressed against the window pane. A breeze is stirring the leaves on the cement below. The sky is punishing the flowers, whipping them with wind. They bow their heads and weep. The tulips, the pansies, and the petunias all shrink, hiding their heads in their strong green stems. Then there’s the maple, who turns red to show its anger, not ready to lose its leaves and welcome winter to its twisted branches. The grass is turns a yellow hue, going slowly and graciously from our midst. I leave my seat at the window and venture out to see the sunset, not through frosty glass.

1 comment:

Lindaa said...

Hi,
It is wonderful.
Would you consider a photo of you in THAT outfit with THOSE pots? Perhaps a X-mas gift for folks. Too darling were you today.
Anyhow, fun to see your blog and be a commentor. I shall make a blog too.
Take good care and keep on potting.
Lindaa